Are you an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who’s been wanting to buy your own home in the Philippines but don’t know how to go about it? This post is for you! This guide will walk you through applying for a housing loan with the Social Security System (SSS). So gather your documents and keep reading for all the details!
This Guide will Teach you How to Have Your Own House in the Philippines
Getting a Philippine housing loan can be difficult if you are an OFW. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to owning your dream home! Plus, with SSS’s low-interest rates, now is the time to apply for a housing loan. So what are you waiting for? Apply today!
Who Can Apply for a Housing Loan in SSS
- SSS Housing Loan is one of the many benefits members of the Social Security System can avail of. This program is purposeful to help members acquire their own homes through easy financing terms.
- Any employed, unemployed, or self-employed member of SSS who is at least 21 years old and not more than 60 years old at the time of loan maturity can apply for an SSS Housing Loan.
- You can use this Housing Loan to finance the construction or purchase of a house, lot, townhouse, or condominium unit. You can also use it to finance the purchase of a residential lot.
For more information about this program, members may call the SSS Contact Center at 920-6446 to 55 or send an email inquiry to www.sss.gov.ph.
Applying for an SSS Housing Loan is one-way members can make their dream homes a reality with the help of the Social Security System. So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
What are the Requirements for a Housing Loan in SSS?
A housing Loan is a type of loan granted to members of the Social Security System (SSS) to finance a house’s purchase or construction. You can also use a Housing Loan to finance the purchase of a lot, home improvements, and home equity. A housing Loan is payable in monthly installments for 10 to 30 years. The Housing Loan program was created to help SSS members achieve their dream of owning a home.
To qualify for a Housing Loan, members must:
- Be at least 21 years old but not more than 60 years old at the time of loan application;
- Have paid at least 36 monthly contributions before the month of application;
- Must not have availed of any previous Housing Loan from SSS;
- Must not have any outstanding loan with SSS, and
- Must not have any unpaid permanent disability benefits.
Aside from these requirements, members must also submit the following documents:
- duly accomplished Housing Loan Application Form;
- latest Income Tax Return or Certificate of Compensation Payment/Tax Withheld (BIR Form 2316); valid Identification Cards (IDs); and proof of Billing Address.
What are the Benefits of Availing of a Housing Loan in SSS
One of the most significant financial decisions you will make in your lifetime is buying a house. A house is not only a roof over your head but is also an investment. Buying a home can be long and daunting, but it is worth it. One way to make the process easier is to avail of a housing loan. Home loans are available from different institutions, but the Housing Loan from SSS is the most popular.
The benefits of availing of this loan are numerous:
Availing of a Philippine Housing Loan from SSS is an intelligent financial decision that comes with numerous benefits. If you want a house, consider availing of a housing loan.
- Availing of a housing loan gives you access to funds you may not have otherwise had. This means that you can buy your dream home sooner than if you were to save up for it yourself.
- Housing loans usually come with low-interest rates. This means that you will save money on interest payments over the life of the loan.
- Housing loans are often accompanied by government subsidies and other incentives. These can help to make your monthly payments more affordable.
- Availing of a housing loan is a great way to build your credit history.
How to Prepare for Your Housing Loan Application
Applying for a Housing Loan in the Philippines is not as complicated as it may seem. With a few simple steps, you can be on your way to owning your very own home.
Before you begin your Housing Loan application, there are a few things that you will need to have in order:
With these simple steps, you can easily apply for a Housing Loans from the SSS and begin working towards owning your dream home!
- You will need to be an active member of the SSS for at least three years. You will also need to have at least 24 continuous contributions in the period before application.
- You will need to gather all of the required documents. These include your Income Tax Return (ITR), proof of employment, bank statements, and other documents you may need for the SSS. Once you have the required documents, you can complete the Housing Loan Application Form online or at any SSS branch.
- After your application once approved, you will need to pay the loan processing fee and submit a copy of your approved loan application form to the Home Loan Department. Once your loan is processed, you can choose a property from the SSS List of Accredited Developers and make monthly payments.
Tips on How to Get Approved for a Housing Loan in SSS
Housing loans in the Philippines have been rising recently as more Filipinos are looking to own their own homes. Although there are many different loan providers in the country, one of the most popular is the Social Security System (SSS).
If you're thinking of applying for an SSS Housing Loan, here are a few tips to help you get approved:
- Make sure you’re an active SSS member. To be eligible for SSS housing loans, you must be an active member of the Social Security System. You must have paid your monthly contributions for at least 36 months before applying.
- Meet the minimum salary requirement. Another eligibility requirement for SSS housing loans is that your monthly salary must meet a certain minimum amount. For example, if you are employed in the private sector, your monthly salary must be at least P15,000.
- Submit all the required documents. When you apply for SSS housing loans, ensure you have all the required documents, such as your employment contract, payslips, and bank statements. Having all these documents in order will help speed up the processing of your loan application.
- Be realistic about how much you can afford to borrow. One of the biggest mistakes that people make when applying for housing loans is borrowing more than they can afford to repay. Before applying for a loan, make sure you’ve calculated how much you can realistically afford to pay back each month so that you can handle debt.
OFWs are some of the most hardworking people in the world. And because of that, we often have to find ways to make our money work for us even when we’re far away from home. This is a great way to do just that – invest in something that will appreciate over time and give you a place to call your own. Applying for housing loans through SSS doesn’t have to be complicated. Still don’t know where to start? Don’t worry! OFW Investing got you covered! We can help you by giving tips and guide for your needs. You can also visit Keller Williams Philippines and Properties Gateway online to Check our Properties; what are you waiting for? Visit us online today and learn more about how you can start investing your money for a brighter future. I hope this article helps; thanks for reading!