Are you an OFW looking for a Pag-IBIG housing loan? This guide will show you everything you need to know about how to avail of an OFW housing loan from Pag-IBIG. We’ll discuss the eligibility requirements, the application process, and the different features of the OFW housing loan program. So read on to learn more about this excellent opportunity for OFWs
Everything You Need to Know about Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) looking for a reliable and affordable housing loan, Pag-IBIG Fund is the best option. This guide will discuss everything you need to know about Pag-IBIG housing loans – from eligibility requirements to the application process. So let’s get started!
What is Pag-IBIG Housing Loan, and Who is Eligible to Avail of it?
Housing Loan is a program created by Pag-IBIG or the Home Development Mutual Fund to assist members in acquiring their own homes. The Housing Loan program provides financing for purchasing a house, lot, townhouse, or condominium unit for personal occupancy, investment, or both.
Housing Loan also offers to refinance eligibility. To avail of a Housing Loan, an applicant must be a Pag-IBIG Fund Member with 24 monthly contributions before loan application. He should also be of legal age, with an income that falls within the Housing Loan guidelines.
Housing Loan is open to Filipino
Moreover, he should not have any outstanding Pag-IBIG Housing Loans nor have defaulted on any previous housing loan from other institutions. Housing Loan is open to Filipino citizens regardless of employment status: local or overseas-based, regular, contractual, self-employed, or separated from employment.
Housing Loans are also available to married couples where both spouses are employed or only one is used. Single female members with regular incomes are likewise eligible to apply for a Housing Loan. Application for a Housing Loan can be made personally at any Pag-IBIG Office near you or online through the fund’s website www.pagibigfund.gov.ph.
How to Apply for the Loan
- Housing loans are not just for purchasing new houses. Housing loans are used for refinancing, construction, and home improvement. Housing Loan programs offer a variety of repayment schemes that will fit your budget and needs.
- One way to avail of a Housing Loan is through Pag-IBIG Fund. They offer two types of Housing Loan: Multi-Purpose Loan and Calamity Loan.
- You can use a Multi-Purpose Loan for housing purposes such as purchase, construction, or improvement of on-site or off-site housing units; Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM); Refinancing an outstanding loan with another institution; or Cash-out equity.
- On the other hand, you can only use a Calamity Loan to finance the construction or rehabilitation/improvement of one’s dwelling in times of natural calamities such as typhoons, floods, earthquakes, fire, volcanic eruption, etc.
To apply for a Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
You must be a duly registered member of the Pag-IBIG Fund with at least 24 contributions paid before application. For employed members, these contributions must have been remitted by the employer. In contrast, for self-employed and voluntary members, these must have been made through salary deductions or over-the-counter transactions, respectively.
You may file your application personally at any Pag-IBIG Fund branch near you, or you may do so online through www.pagibigfundservices.com. After filing your application form and requirements, you will undergo loan processing, which usually takes 15 business days upon completing the requirements. Once your loan is approved, you can either avail of the lump sum cash out or drawdown your loan proceeds in installments – whichever is most convenient!
The Different Types of Housing Loans Available
- Housing loans are prevalent in Pag-IBIG. There are different housing loans available, each with its benefits and drawbacks.
- The most common type of housing loan is the fixed-rate housing loan – This type of loan has a fixed interest rate for the entire term of the loan, which makes it easy to budget for your monthly payments. However, if interest rates rise during your loan term, you will pay more in interest than you would with a variable-rate loan.
- Another type of housing loan is the variable-rate housing loan – This type of loan has a variable interest rate that can change over time. Your monthly payments may fluctuate, making it difficult to budget for your loan. However, if interest rates fall during your loan term, you will pay less than you would with a fixed-rate loan.
- Housing loans are a great way to finance your new home, but it is essential to understand the different types of loans available before you make a decision.
The Benefits of Availing of a Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
Housing is one of the basic needs that a family should have. A safe and comfortable living place protects them from the elements and provides privacy. While some people are lucky enough to have their own homes, others are less fortunate. It is where Pag-IBIG Housing Loan comes in.
It is open to employed and self-employed individuals as long as they are members of the Pag-IBIG Fund. You can use the Housing Loan to finance the purchase of a house, lot, townhouse, or Condominium unit or use it for the home construction or improvement projects.
One of the Best things about Pag-IBIG Housing Loan is its low-interest rates
Its interest rate is lower than that of banks and other financial institutions. Pag-IBIG Housing Loan also has flexible repayment terms. Depending on your capacity to pay, you can pay back your loan in as short as five years or as long as 30 years.
Add Your Heading Text HereAvailing of a Pag-IBIG Housing Loan is easy
You can apply online or visit any Pag-IBIG branch near you. If employed, your employer will deduct your monthly contributions from your salary.
How to Repay the Loan
- One of the most common questions I get from people is, “how do I repay my PAG-IBIG Housing Loan?” There are a few ways you can do it, and I’ll outline them here so you can choose which one works best for you.
- The first option is to pay through your salary deductions. The only downside is that you will need a regular job to qualify.
- Another option is to make payments directly to PAG-IBIG. You can do this online, through their offices, or over the phone.
- The last option is to make payments through a bank. It is the most hassle-free way to repay your loan since you can just set up an auto-debit arrangement with your bank. You can also make one-time or partial payments if you want. However, you will need to have a bank account for this to work.
Here at OFW Investing, we are committed to helping our fellow OFWs achieve their dreams of homeownership. Our blog posts aim to provide you with the latest tips and guides on investing so that you can make informed decisions about your future. Every Filipino has the right to own a home through wise investing. You can also visit Keller Williams Philippines and Properties Gateway online to Check our Properties. So what are you waiting for? Start building your dream home today! Visit us online today for more blogs like this. Happy reading!